Southair recently installed a paint shop large enough to take a fully assembled Cessna 206.
12m x 12m x 3m VOC compliant with proper filtration/extraction and temperature control equipment.
- Using chemical paint strippers or Hydroblasting (low pressure water media paint and corrosion removal) for paint removal.
- Applying alodine and pre-coat conversion coatings.
- Applying Nitrate and Butyrate dopes to fabric aircraft
- Applying etch and epoxy primers, 2K and basecoat/clearcoat paint systems, colour schemes, markings and decals to required specifications.
- Sealing wooden aircraft structure.
This facility is also available for hire for projects such as cars, boats etc.